Message from Halifax Playhouse
Last updated: April 7, 2020
We hope you; your family and friends continue to stay safe and healthy through these challenging times.
We have taken the decision to reschedule shows that were due to take place up until the end of August 2020. Once the Government is able to give an exit strategy, then we will be able to plan when we can re-open the Playhouse and get tickets back on sale.
The Halifax Thespians Annual General Meeting (AGM) was planned for Tuesday 26 May. In line with advice from the Charity Commission the AGM has now been postponed until later in year. Again, we'll let you know as soon as we can.
If you need to contact us then other than urgent ticket issues, please use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be monitoring this mailbox and will try and answer all your enquiries in a timely manner.
We will continue to place regular updates here, through social media and through emailed newsletters to our subscribers.
We hope you stay healthy and safe and look forward to welcoming you back to The Playhouse.
Halifax Thespians Board and Management Committee
HALIFAX PLAYHOUSE – owned and run by the members of the Halifax Thespians Ltd
In response to the Government’s recent statement advising the UK public to avoid unnecessary social contact, including by not attending theatres, Halifax Playhouse have suspended all performances until July 2020.
Updated information will be posted on here and on our social media when available.
This situation threatens the future of theatres and performers in this difficult time so we ask for your support and patience whilst we work to reschedule performances and ensure the safety of our volunteers, staff, performers and audiences.
Please see below for answers to frequently asked questions.
- IS MY PERFORMANCE HAPPENING?
- Currently, the next scheduled performance will be on Friday 3rd July 2020
- We are actively liasing with our hirers with the possibility of rescheduling some performances.
- We ask that you be patient whilst we deal with this unprecedented situation.
- I PURCHASED TICKETS THROUGH TICKETSOURCE. HOW WILL I GET MY REFUND?
- Where a show has been cancelled then your refund, including service fees is being processed and your credit card will be refunded automatically within 7-10 business days.
- Some shows will be rescheduled for later in the year and your existing ticket will be valid for that new performance date. If that turns out to be inconvenient, then you can request a full refund.
- I PURCHASED TICKETS AT THE BOX OFFICE. HOW WILL I GET MY REFUND?
- If you purchased at the Box Office with a credit card: your refund is being processed, and your credit card will be refunded automatically within 7-10 business days.
- If you purchased at the Box Office with cash: please return your original tickets to the theatre. You will be able to exchange your tickets for an alternate date of your choice, subject to availability, or you can receive a full refund.
- CAN I BUY TICKETS FOR A FUTURE PERFORMANCE?
- Absolutely! Our online Box Office - TicketSource is still open.
- OTHER QUESTIONS?
- We’re here to help. For any issue that isn’t an urgent ticket related issue, please email email@example.com..